Good product; some delays and preventable statches
July 2, 2019
This GV vendor is friendly and helpful. They quickly returned my messages about shipping. The delays I experienced followed an Anniversary Sale GZ did a few months ago. It took much longer than I thought for the products to arrive. Once they finally did, I noticed many superficial scratch markings, scuffs where the GZ gear had been stacked/tested and repacked. There was one spot on the top of a Tank that looked like the plastic was over stressed (turning white) as if one foot of another tank was bounced on top of another. Imagine what might happen if you took a hammer and dinged the top of a plastic surface without cracking the plastic. All were superficial having nothing to do with function or overall appearance and nothing that I can't live with but still. Of course, the light damage could have come from GZ that way, so who knows?
I would purchase from Earthtech again and would recommend. Good people.
- Really well made, easy to install. Shipment packaging couldn't be better lots of thick foam packaging material used! (FYI - Warranty requirements clearly state that you must save your original cartons.)
- Flawless performance. I am really happy with this 'All-In'One' system by GZ that was thoughtfully designed.
- Idiot-proof assembly and operation.
- Massive storage capacity.
- All things electronic; small/countertop appliances, fans, lights, most hand tools, entertainment centers/TVs, refrigerators, etc. Great environment/camper-friendly option and for emergency preparedness.
- Not enough attention paid to delivery of an aesthetically pleasing product. Some light scratches/scuffs and a ding were present on the tops of the tanks (no big deal, really).
- A $10 adapter cable was not provided that was necessary to connect MC4 connectors to the Yeti Link Module. Making/including pigtails for the most popular connectors would have been nice and thoughtful. Even though a customer might not use it right away, they would likely need it down the road on a trip somewhere or in camp. It's so cheap to include this extra utility that is crazy making if a customer has to call GZ technical support instead in the hope of even learning that GZ sells the much needed adapter cable. I backtracked to check the GZ site where the GZ Link Module is sold for mention made of any 8mm to MC4 adapter cable (which incidentally they do sell) and nothing is posted here. What's up with this and that?