Today we will be taking a detailed look at the newly released 30 Amp External MPPT Charge Controller Kit for your Goal Zero Power Packs and Solar Generators. This highly anticipated item allows the user to recharge their expansion battery tanks in record time. Lets take a look at how this component is used and what makes it such an advanced piece of technology.
MPPT Vs PWM
We recently discussed the benefits of utilizing an MPPT Charge Controller over a PWM Charge Controller in a prior installment of our Solar Education Blog. For more detailed information you can Click Here to read Solar Charge Controllers - MPPT Vs PWM.
Long story short, MPPT Charge Controllers will increase the performance and rate of recharge; however, they will cost more upfront.
How Does the 30 Amp External MPPT Charge Controller Kit Work?
The 30 Amp External Controller Kit gathers energy from your solar panels and stores it in your Yeti Power Pack expansion batteries. Using the latest, fastest technology; this controller maximizes the energy-harvest, driving it intelligently to achieve a full charge in the shortest possible time. By reviewing the incoming voltage and wattage, the controller automatically adjusts to maintain battery health, thus extending the life of your components and ensuring you have access to the most power possible.
What Unique Features does this Controller Offer?
1. Shading Condition Efficiency: This high-quality controller offers ultrafast maximum power point tracking even in clouded sky conditions. This is performed by the devices ability to lock onto the optimum MPP via the innovative BlueSolar algorithm. This will improve energy harvest up to 30% compared to PWM controllers and up to 10% compared to slower MPPT controllers.
2. Extensive Protection: Features PV reverse current, short circuit, reverse polarity and over-temperature protection.
3. Internal Temperature Sensor: The controller will compensate absorption and float charge voltage based on external temperatures.
4. Built-in Wireless Bluetooth: You can easily set-up, monitor, update and synchronize your Controllers.
Set Up Configuration with the Goal Zero Yeti Tanks
The set-up process when incorporating the 30 Amp External MPPT Charge Controller is rather simple.
1. First, you install the Link module into your Goal Zero Power Pack.
2. Next, you plug your expansion tank female chaining cable into the back of the Link Module, then incorporate as many tanks as you like.
3. The final tank in the chain is then connected to the EC8 cable coming from the Charge Controller
4. Lastly, plug the Anderson cable from the charge controller to either your 25 Amp Fast Charger or your Solar Panel array and you are all set.
Final Thoughts and Compatibility Information
While the 30 Amp External MPPT Charge Controller Kit is designed for quickly recharging your Goal Zero Expansion Tanks; it can be used in just about any solar generator configuration up to 30 amps/440 Watts.
You can even pair this component with the 25 Amp Fast Charger and recharge your Expansion Tanks via standard AC wall outlet power in record time.
Please Note: In order to use this upgraded charge controller with your Goal Zero Tanks, you must incorporate at least (1) Yeti Expansion Tank and (1) Yeti Link Module.
The 30 Amp External MPPT Charge Controller is a great way to create the most efficient Solar Generator and Battery Storage Backup System. If you have any questions about how to connect your new charging module do not hesitate to leave a comment below. As always, we are just a phone call away (877-548-3387) and are happy to offer our expertise on all of your Solar Power needs!