Energy Efficient Solar Attic Fans Qualify
for 30% Federal Tax Credit. Click Here to download Residential Homeowner Statement of Certification
Please note: This item does not ship to addresses in HI, PR, and AK.
The Natural Choice in Attic Venting!
The Solar Attic Fan is a simple and environmentally sensible solution that can save you money. Powered completely by free solar energy, this sleek and efficient vent is both compact and quiet. Fully operational right from the box, it installs easily, with no electrical wiring, no expensive electrician and city permits. And let's not forget powerful! A single 50 watt unit can fully vent up to 3100 square feet, operating at up to 1900 cfms. Place it wherever you need improved circulation; attics, lofts, workshops, storage sheds, garages, even barns.
Attic venting is an important aspect in maintaining a healthy energy efficient home. Proper venting cools your roof extending the material life and reduces the load on your air conditioning system. Attic venting also increases fresh air circulation which reduces vapor build up generated by every day activities like showering and cooking.
Excess moisture trapped in your attic can cause a variety of problems from rust and rot to increased bacteria and mold counts which can have a direct impact on your respiratory health! Passive vents have been a part of building codes for years. Soffit vents, ridge vents and louvers rely on nature to provide sufficient air pressure and air movement. So the majority of the time your attic is stagnant and continues to build up heat and moisture.
1. Minimize backpressure of exhaust gases.
2. Minimize the ambient temperature of the solar panel because power output rapidly declines as temperature increases.
- Natural Light solar attic fans incorporate an angled throat within the flashing that provides a venturi effect, which increases airflow.
- Natural Light was designed from the ground up to minimize obstructions in the flashing and shroud.
3. Solar attic fan is adaptable to any location, roof type, in any environment.
- Natural Light powder coats the entire assembly, inside and out, in a neutral gray color thus ensuring that it does not act like a heat sink.
- The solar panel mounting bracket allows for an envelope of cool air to continually circulate around the entire solar panel.
4. The 50 Watt Solar Attic Fan comes with an advanced Remote Solar Panel.
- Natural Light solar attic fans are constructed of .080 (14 gauge) aluminum, the flashing and shroud are seamless ensuring weather tight installations.
- Stainless steel animal protection screen.
- Stainless steel hardware throughout.
- Powder coated to withstand any environment.
- Fifty year Neutral Cure silicone bonds the flashing to the roof.
5. Natural Light is constantly looking to improve the quality of life while protecting the environment.
- A remote solar panel is used in applications where there is limited sunshine available.
- Have the option to place the solar panel in an optimum sun-rich location on your roof.
- Your roof's location is now no longer an issue.
- Install it away from the Solar Attic Fan or in close proximity, the remote functionality allows for maximum solar usafe.
- And the best part is it will still install as easily as non-remote Solar Panels.
- The Natural Light Solar Attic Fan is powered solely by the sun.
- Hot attics cause the entire house to be warmer. This gives your cooling system more work to do, wasting power and costing you money.
- Our attic fan reduces the temperature of your attic, saving stress on you cooling system, conserving power, and saving you money.
- We adhere to environmentally safe practices and procedures during the manufacturing of your Solar Attic Fan.
||Up to 1900 cfms
||Up to 3100 sq. ft.
||Housing: 25 years
Solar Panel: 15 years
Motor: 5 years
|Solar Panel Power:
|| 50 Watts
|Solar Panel Dimensions:
||16.25" x 10.5" with 9" adjustable bracket
|Dome (under solar panel):
||23" wide x 4" high
||27.25" flashing diameter x 6.25" high base|
|Solar Attic Fan lowers attic temperature which reduces the load on the HVAC System.|
The most obvious reason for attic ventilation is to lower attic space temperature during the warmer months. Attic temperatures can exceed 160°F during hot summer days. Proper attic ventilation can reduce those temperatures by up to 50°F. No matter how much insulation is in the attic, heat can still transfer into adjacent living spaces. In fact, extra insulation can actually add to temperature increases because heat is trapped in the insulation. Proper ventilation evacuates this excess heat build-up. As the heat is exhausted, the work load of the air conditioning system is reduced, thereby saving energy and extending the life of the air conditioning system.
Extends the life of the roofing materials.
Though asphalt shingles are designed to take the abuse of the sun for many years, they are subjected to greater temperatures when the roof decking is allowed to overheat, which is just what happens in an under ventilated attic.
In the cooler months, moisture is the most serious concern. Even with the use of vapor barriers to keep moisture from entering the attic, there are air leaks around ceiling light fixtures, bathroom exhaust fans that allow unwanted moisture into the attic. Moisture condensing on the framing members and the inside of the roof deck can lead to the growth of mold, mildew and rot in the roof deck and framing. A good indicator of moisture problem is rusty roof nails sticking through the roof deck.
Asphalt shingle manufacturers warranties require proper attic ventilation.
Attic ventilation is required in cold environments - it evacuates the warm moist air that heat sources produce. Hot moist air lingering in the attic spaces can condense on the underside of the roof sheathing and rot it out and also causes mold to develop on the interior walls. Cold air in the attic space will not affect the temperature in the adjacent living spaces if properly insulated.
Good ventilation helps prevent ice dams, which begin to form when warm air in the attic melts the snow from beneath and creates runoff that refreezes on the colder eaves.
These diagrams are illustrative only. Natural Light solar attic fans arrive fully assembled. Though the solar panel is fully adustable and removable, no other components in the fan will require adjustment during installation.|
|•||Custom solar panel - fully adjustable and removable
|•||Self-tapping screws to mount brackets to solar panel |
|•||Adjustable solar panel bracket|
|•||Wire lead |
|•||1100 series, .080" thickness, aircraft-grade aluminum shroud |
|•||Custom DC motor |
|•||Motor isolation bracket|
|•||Air drive precision pitch five-wing blade
|•||4" x 48" stainless steel wire mesh
|•||Rugged 14-gauge shroud support bracket
|•||1100 series, .080" thickness aircraft-grade aluminum flashing
|•||#6 x 1-1/2" stainless steel Phillips head screws (6)|